The Hiester Family in a nutshell - a big one, like a coconut or something

We are a family of a whole bunch of random people, thrown together in one small house, who all happen to look alike. Each member of our family was hand-picked by God... that's the only explanation for the saga that is our family. Here's the story from the beginning... My husband, Todd, was married before me. His wife's name was Carrie, and together they had 3 kids: Tyler, Kurstin & Elissa. Todd's parents were divorced and his mother remarried. Her new husband, Don, had 2 small children: Ally & Wesley. Their natural mother was killed in a car accident when they were 8 & 11. One year later, they lost their dad and Todd and Carrie took them into their home. 6 months after Ally & Wesley were added to the household, Carrie died of cancer at age 26. Her own children were 3, 6 & 9 and Ally & Wesley were 10 & 13. And Todd was alone with them. Think Lord of the Flies. So when I fell in love with Todd, I got these 5 kids as a bonus. We married about a year and a half into our relationship, with the kids as our wedding party. We made it all official with an adoption lawyer and lots of money, ensuring that we are LEGALLY their parents. They even had to take oaths saying they would perform the duties of sons and daughters, which I think means I have someone to change my diapers when the time comes! After 2 years of marriage we added Robben Carey to the mix. And now we've welcomed Livi Claire...the seventh, and final, Hiester kid (unless, of course, God has other plans). Todd and I are 37 and 35, respectively, and our kids range in age from 1 to 21. It's great because we're cool and always the youngest in a crowd of high school parents.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Something New To View

When I was in Kansas visiting Lyndsay & Luis, I saw some amazing photographs around their house. They have a friend who has an incredible eye for some really creative photos, and some of her work is displayed in their home. Lyndsay sent me the link to her website, and I've put it on the blog for your viewing pleasure. She also sent me another one who is based in Denver (or Colorado Springs?). Lyndsay especially loves the photos this lady takes of kids. When they have a family, she hopes to make the trek to have their pictures done there.

So the one Lyndsay has displayed in her house is Christine, and her work seems to be mainly nature and such. The other one is Audrey and she has lots of interesting "people" pictures. Both links are here under "websites 2 check out". Take a gander...

Also under the same heading I have "Jewel", "Da Font", and "Wordle". Jewel is obvious: it is the link to Jewel's website. She has a blog and I'm convinced she's the one who writes on it :) Da Font is a website with thousands of free fonts you can download (you know me). And wordle is this really cool thing where you type in lots of words and then it creates a random "word bubble" using what you put in. You can then change the font and color. If you want one word bigger than the rest, just type it in multiple times. It's pretty cool.

Anyway, these are some of the things I enjoy (besides Hiester Family Antics, of course), so if you have a spare moment, check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey missy. I don't have another way to contact so so sorry for writing something unbloggish on your blog. Are you guys going to tthe concert Tuesday? If si give me a call. Talk to you later and I hope you all had a great Easter.

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete